P

You can buy books to inspire and encourage you, but it helps a lot if you hear words of encouragement from friends.

These past few days I've been struggling with fears and I will share this prayer I saw at the Vigil room of San Sebastian Cathedral. This helps a lot, too.

"In every need, let me come to You with whole trust saying Jesus help me.
In all my doubts, perplexities and temptation, Jesus help me.
In hours of loneliness, weariness and trials, Jesus help me.
In failure of my plans and hopes, in disappointments, troubles, and sorrow, Jesus help me.
When others fail me and your grace aone can assist me, Jesus help me.
When I throw myself on Your tender love as Father and Savior, Jesus help me.
When my heart is cast down by failure at seeing no good come from my efforts, Jesus help me.
When I feel unimportant and my cross irritates me, Jesus help me.
When I'm ill and my head and hand can't work and I'm lonely, Jesus help me.
Always, always, in spite of weakness, falls, and shortcomings of every kind, Jesus help me and never forsake me."

1 comments:

Richard said...

We all struggle from time to time. Some struggle more than others. But you are right, it helps to hear supportive and encouraging words (sincere, not just to make us feel better).

All of us need more support in our lives. One thing I think about more as I get older is that although I have and have had good friends, what I would have liked more is to have synergistic friends.

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Back to Top