2

Healthy Friday

What a day!  In my previous post, I was thinking of what to substitute my off-calorie counting friday.  I decided on HEALTHY FRIDAY.  Today is supposed to be the start of my health friday.  But healthy friday my ass...I was so busy, healthy eating was so far fetched because of time constraint.

This is quite a long post.  Ready? :) Breakfast was consisted of Nutella, crackers, iced tea, half slice of chiffon cake.  I was feeling full after eating the chiffon cake.  I felt full but I was not satisfied--guilt of overeating creeping in.

Then I had to work fast because I needed to be some place else in the afternoon.

Lunch, I bought some "biko" because of the "latik" but the taste was disappointing.  I decided to just give them away.  It would have been my lunch but I went with my officemates to Wendy's and I ordered Spicy Chicken Fillet combo.  I was full by the time I finished my meal.  Full but not satisfied..  We ate at the van while going to the symposium at a nearby hospital.  When we reached the symposium, we discovered that there was Burger King inside that hospital.  Cool!  That hospital is so different from the hospital I'm working in.  Their elevator is also high end.  It looks like some fancy hotel.  It would be nice to work in a place like that.

Anyway, they served snacks at the symposium.  Lasagna, some bread, chicken fillet with fish fillet sauce.  That was why we were confused if what we were eating was chicken or fish.  Once again, I felt full but not satisfied.

Regarding the symposium, I am glad to know that there on-going positive projects that will uplift our profession in the country.  Kudos to UK for helping our country.

The symposium ended earlier than expected.  The loneliness I was feeling all day increased.  E was absent at work today because he was not feeling well that was why I was feeling lonely.  Alone on a friday sometimes suck.

I could not think of any activity that will take my mind off what I was feeling.  I didn't want to eat anymore because I was feeling so full that my stomach grew an inch I guess.  There was no good movie to watch.  I didn't bring any workout clothes.  I was lonely.  It was a first after a very long time.  I was not familiar with it anymore.

Out of loneliness and indecisiveness, I went to meet my mentor.  It was embarrassing to go there without anything relevant to say.  What was I thinking?  It was so frustrating.  And also, I was supposed to go out with this group, but I somehow sensed reluctance from one of them--making me feel rejected.  That was why I chose to go to my mentor instead.  Thus, the stupid idea.

Loneliness.  I would have tried to avoid this today.  But then again, I realized something.  Yes, it's been a while since I was lonely.  But loneliness is good every once in a while.  Because it forces me to think about what I really want.  Of what I should continue doing, of what I should be do something about, of what I really want in life, of  what will make me happy--in the future and right this very moment.  Loneliness will make me stronger.

Take a deep breath and suck it up.  It will be over soon.  I will feel better any moment now.

My feet led me to the nearby mall to look for clothes, bags, and other stuff.  I saw this charming blouse and some pants on sale.  I tried them on.  Unfortunately, they didn't look good on me.

This led me to a realization about shopping.  I seldom shop by the way.  Most of my money are spent on food.   When shopping in a department store, always choose the clothes that you love.  Check the availability on your size.  Try it on, if it looks good on you, then buy it.  Price tag is the last thing that you should look for.  Feeling good with what you wear is better than choosing clothes that are cheap but do not make you feel good.  More often than not, you can always afford the price of those clothes.

With my body type, not all clothes suit me.  It's hard to find clothes that make me feel good.  And when I find these clothes, then I should just buy it whenever I can because I don't have that many clothes I really love to wear.

My feet also led me to pen (more on pen refill) hunting.  I wanted to buy a Parker pen but the bookstore only have refills for Cross pens.  I'd just buy at other bookstore branches.  But I did bought other pens.  I also looked for bond papers.  But I have to be sure about the paper quality.  I have pen and paper fetish.  Seeing all those pens and papers did uplift my mood.

I went to the dorm feeling much better and thinking of other ways to improve my appearnace.  Which is better--rebond or perm?  What do you think?

2 comments:

Wendy Irene said...

Doing something different with your hair is fun to spice things up. I don't know much about those 2 options, buuut I do hope you have a good weekend!

erica said...

cute picture! I did not have a very healthy friday either. Oh well. Have a good weekend love!

xo

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Back to Top